Monday, May 9, 2016

A weekend of celebration

Wow! What a weekend!

I am writing a blog post because there is just too much to say in a short facebook post! This weekend was one of great joy for me! This was a weekend of celebrating some very important people that God has placed in my life! I am so overwhelmed with joy as I dwell on the goodness of my Lord through my family.

On Saturday, I celebrated my 5th wedding anniversary to a loving, kindhearted, faithful, hardworking man! While the past 5 years have been NO fairy tale, I would not and could not imagine walking through this life with anyone else by my side!  Now, I get the great joy of watching Phillip walk in the role of "daddy"! . These past 3 months have been so fun as we figure this whole parenting thing out together! So again, Happy 5th Anniversary, my love! You will always be "the one"!









...then came Sunday and Mother's Day- a day that was always celebrated for others- until now. Oh, the joy it brought me to hear "you're a mother!"or "Happy Mother's Day, Colleen!" and all I could do was lift my hands and say "Thank you Jesus for making me a mother!" All I wanted to do was hold my sweet baby all day and Praise God for the work that He had done in bringing her into my world!





 Not only did I get to celebrate being a mom this year, but Phillip and I are still blessed to have young, healthy mothers who are constantly a part of our lives! Thank you Lord for our Mothers who we love and Cherish!!


Mom, me and Addie


mother-in-love Kim & Addie
 
 
 So, as you can see, I have a lot to be thankful for and my heart is absolutely full with love for these and many others that I call my family! I definitely understand the expression "my heart could just explode"! As I think of how much I love these people, I can't help but think of the love my Lord Jesus has for me. If an imperfect, self-centered, self-seeking, created person such as I, can love this much, how much more does a Perfect, Self-less, self-denying, creator love me? I just can't even fathom it because I don't deserve that kind of love, yet, He continually gives it to me! oh, how this weekend has caused me to hit my knees in gratitude for what The Lord has given me! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. James 1:17




One final thought, If anyone is reading this and you are not yet a mother or find that Mother's Day brings sadness and pain. God sees you! He hears you when you call out to Him. Have hope and "cast your cares on Him for He cares for you" (1Peter5:7). I was there. I know that longing for motherhood and if it weren't for The Lord working in my life and His irresistible grace, I would still be there!
 

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written from the hearts of a beautiful family! Praise God for His goodness in your lives!

    ReplyDelete